“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you”
— Neil deGrasse Tyson
And sometimes it just really doesn’t. 2013 was a year of all kinds of confusion for me. I spent a lot of time wondering what I was doing and why I was feeling the way I was and why I thought I was good enough to do this or think that or be friends with so-and-so.
“You need to realize that the way you are feeling now will not be permanent”
Because then sometimes, the universe just makes absolute perfect sense. Yesterday I spent all day and night soaking in the holiday decorations and magic at Disneyland with one of my very favorite boys. I woke up this morning to sunny 70 degree weather, christmas music playing through the house and knew I was all too ready and so excited for a Southern California Christmas.
The christmas tree is full with decorations and presents underneath, the fridge is stocked full and my mom is planning secret santa gifts for all the neighbors. Tomorrow promises to be even better!
On such a magical day with lots of people celebrating around the world I wanted to share a quick list with you all:
What I’m grateful for today: 12/24/2013
- Eating Disney fried chicken with a view of the magic castle, making up silly jokes in 75 min. wait lines, eating the largest and fattiest ice cream cones I’ve ever seen, holding hands down Main Street (Yesterday at Disneyland was perfect)
- Lazy mornings (It’s past noon and I am still unshowered, in my pajamas, drinking a warm vanilla coffee mmm!)
- My younger (but very much bigger) brother, sitting next to me on the couch, making me crack up as I write this.
- My parents in the living room, planning all the details for next summer’s family trip to Cape Cod, New York, and DC (how exciting!)
- My puppy dog Lulu who has proved each and every day that she is happy I am home for the holidays (can’t say that about everyone you know, can you?)
- The sunshine streaming through the front room windows reminding me that although we may never have a White Christmas, a California Christmas is more than I could ever dream for.
- The excitement that comes with the anticipation of tomorrow and the start of 2014
Enjoy your Christmas holidays,